I did a search on the internet recently looking to see what most people are wanting in their life.
While the various lists did not necessarily agree in terms of a specific order, there was general agreement in what was included in the top ten in the list. As I reflected on what was included, I came to a clearer understanding of the impact of energetic awareness to how people respond to this question. The lower a person’s energetic awareness level is, the higher materialistic, physical items tend to be. The reverse is also true. The higher the energetic awareness level, the higher spiritual, positive emotional items tend to be.
Kathy Caprino wrote an article titled, “The Top 10 Things People Want In Life But Can’t Seem To Get” for the Huffington Post. I am only giving her list and Biggest Challenge for each item. She provides valuable insights for each listing. You can read her full article at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-caprino/the-top-10-things-people-_2_b_9564982.html.
1. Happiness: Biggest challenge: “Not knowing what I want to do.”
2. Money: Biggest challenge: “Not having enough money or time to accomplish the things I want to do.”
3. Freedom: Biggest challenge: “Having the freedom to find my ‘true purpose,’ or being lit up by the day-to-day at work.”
4. Peace: Biggest challenge: “Lack of clarity about who I am and my purpose.”
5. Joy: Biggest challenge: “How to find the right role or position for me now that will bring joy in my work.”
6. Balance: Biggest challenge: “Balancing my need/desire for flexibility while making enough money and having the benefits I want.”
7. Fulfilment: Biggest challenge: “Utilizing my potential in the best possible way, for myself and for others.”
8. Confidence: Biggest challenge: “Feeling like I have something to offer now, rather than feeling constantly as if I’m not ready and need more training.”
9. Stability: Biggest challenge: “Figuring out what to do next, to keep me afloat and be a bridge to my later years and retirement.”
10. Passion: Biggest challenge: “Overcoming feelings of ineptitude and negativity because of career setbacks.”
When you look at this list, many of the items can be combined into one concept. People want to experience significance and purpose in their life. They want to be valued and know their life matters, and they want to leave a lasting, positive legacy for those who follow them.
As I looked at the life and example of Jesus, I noticed there are 31 times in the four Gospels where the Greek word, “Horaõ,” is used in relation to Jesus as He was dealing with people both individually and as groups. This word is translated in English most of the time as, “saw,” but also as “looked.” Strong’s Greek & Hebrew Dictionary says this about this Greek word: “(by implication) to discern clearly (physical or mental); by extension to attend to; by Hebrew to experience; passive to appear:- behold, perceive, see, take heed.” Jesus used The SEE Method of Living a Fulfilled Life in relating to people regularly. Perhaps it would be of benefit if we followed His example in seeking to help people find the answer to what really matters in life. SEE: Shift Your Mindset, Elevate Your Energetic Awareness and Enhance the Quality of Your Life leaving a lasting, positive legacy.